[squid-users] Cache Manager Woes

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:51:26 -0600

List,
I am having difficulty getting to my Cache Manager. When cachemgr.cgi is
executed, I submit the port 8080, which is the port my squid is running
on, and no user or password, and I receive this screen:

 ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: cache_object://localhost/
The following error was encountered:
* Cache Access Denied.
Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
    cache_object://localhost/
from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

Here are the applicable lines from my squid.conf:

acl manager proto cache_object
http_access allow manager all
snmp_access deny all #for T-shooting purposes#

Any clues?

TIA

-Mark