Re: [squid-users] how can i un-subscribe from squid user list ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:08:14 +0200

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 18.27, David Olbersen wrote:
> Funny you should ask, it's right there in the message headers of
> every email you get from the list...

and also stated on the squid-cache.org homepage where information
about all our mailinglists can be found.

Note: If you have problems to unsubscribe, make sure to carefully read
the message returned when you try to unsubscribe. This message is
more than just an error message and contains detailed instructions on
how you can proceed to get unsubscribed if the standard method does
not work. These action is needed if you have changed your email
address in some manner since subscribing and other similar events.

Common errors in unsubscribing are

a) Not finding the information on how to unsubscribe. If there is
anything sensible which we can do to make this more visible and
easier to find please tell us. (and no, we do not consider adding a
signature to forwarded messages as a sensible thing to do)

b) Unsubscribing from the same account but another email address than
used when subscribing. For example if you subscribed using a short
form email address (i.e. hno@marasystems.com) but later changed to
using a official form email address of the same mail account (i.e.
henrik.nordstrom@marasystems.com) then special actions is needed as
the list server can not magically know the two addresses are the same
account.

c) Unsubscribing from another email account than used when
subscribing. For example if you have moved between departments or
companies or changed mail server, and have forwarding of email from
your old mail account to your new. Same actions as in 'b' required to
instruct the server about which email address to unsubscribe.