Re: [squid-users] Not Prompting a single user for authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:33:00 +0200

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09.58, Aqil wrote:
> Hi
>
> acl myuser proxy_auth eric pascal chaterine
> as I exclude patrick in my acl, he doesn't then need
> to be authenticated while eric, pascal & catherine
> need to.
> CMIIW [haven't tried yet:) ] ...
>
> But still he will be prompted...

Squid can not know it is patrick until he has told he is.

By excluding patrick from the myuser acl you do not exclude patrick
from authentication, you exclude him from the permissions given by
http_access to the myuser acl.

> Then how to have squid not to prompt patrick for
> authentication ?

You have to base the access controls for patrick on something else
than login. This usually means basing the access control on the IP
address of his computer.