[squid-users] Problem with http authentication and basic auth

From: Konrad Neuwirth <konrad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:42:00 +0200

I am currently facing a problem that I can't resolve by myself. We
are running squid 2.5.1 with basic authentication. One of our users
now needs to access an https site that requires its users to
authenticate themselves via http authentication; alas, this
combination doesn't seem to work. As soon as the user enters his site
credentials, those seem to overwrite the squid credentials, causing
squid to deny access and reprompt the password. As soon as that's
entered, no access to the https site is possible anymore.

  Of course, our goal is to have the user authenticated to both
servers; alas, I can't figure out how to do that.

  Can anybody please enlighten me?

Thank you,
 Konrad Neuwirth