Re: [squid-users] External logging capability

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:34:17 +0200

On Friday 18 July 2003 01.49, Tony Melia (DMS) wrote:
> Does anybody know the status of this development? According to
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/stale_projects.html#external_logger it
> is 'stale', does that mean it has been dropped?

It means there is no developer working on the project and the project
as such is not in a useable state.

> I have a real need to have squid log directly to MySQL. Does anybody
> know of any other way I can do this other than have a process run
> that reads access.log and enters it in manually which is not a great
> solution.

What is wrong with that?

As I see it it is an exccelent solution to the problem, releasing
Squid from the complexity of mysql or how to deal with situatíons
where the log database cannot temporarily keep up with the request
rate.

The perl File::Tail module is a very good tool for automatically
monitoring log files in a no-hazzle way.