Re: [squid-users] ftp sites do not open

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 16:33:20 +0200

fre 2003-07-18 klockan 15.52 skrev babar haq:
> i am running transparent squid by intercepting port 80
> if i try and download redhat cds from the ftp mirrors
> case 1
> without giveing the proxy in the browser i get page not found error

Squid is not involved on direct FTP access. Squid is a HTTP proxy, not a
FTP proxy.

> if i give the proxy in the browser i get winodws error saying
> Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name
> correctly and that you have permissino to access the folder.
> Details: The operation timed out.

Did you get anything in access.log?

Can you run ftp from the Squid server itself?

> i do not want to masq ftp port cause i am using delay_pools in squid
> and i want to hold the downloading speed restrictino on files coming
> through ftp as well???

Then you will need to configure your browsers to use the Squid proxy to
be able to reach ftp:// URLs.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before