[squid-users] FTP requests time out

From: David Brodbeck <DavidB@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:02:22 -0400

I apologize if this is a FAQ, but I've done a Google search and looked at
the Squid FAQ without finding the answer.

FTP requests from web browsers time out. The squid cache is behind an
OpenBSD firewall that's doing FTP proxying, but I know the firewall is not
the issue because doing transfers with a standard FTP program on the Squid
host works in both active and passive mode. I've tried both settings of
ftp_passive without seeing any difference. The odd thing is if I manually
request a specific directory, I usually get a listing; but attempts to
access URLs that specify a specific file always fail.

---
David Brodbeck, System Administrator
InterClean Equipment, Inc.
3939 Bestech Drive Suite B