Re: [squid-users] restricting download of .exe files ....

From: Kenn Murrah <kenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:54:59 -0500

Adam Aube wrote:

>>How do I block the download of .exe files via the browser?
>>I want to block .exe, zip, and other potentially executable
>>files ...
>>

>acl progs urlpath_regex -i \.exe$
>http_access deny progs
>
>The -i makes the matching case insensitive, and the $ makes it
>match at the end of the line.

Thanks for the help (I actually did try to find this answer but couldn't
... and decided to ask the list for its help (thinking that was, in
fact, the purpose of the list.))

Anyway, let me ask a followup question .... what if I want to disallow
all .exe files EXCEPT those from microsoft.com? is that possible? Feel
free, as I know you will, to tell me to RTFM, but any help in locating
the right place in the right FM would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.