RE: [squid-users] Authenticate and 407 errors

From: Gareth Hastings <gareth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:33:16 +0100

> Other than the http_port line being commented out, your
> squid.conf looks fine. It WAS uncommented when you tried to
> use the proxy, right?

No its always been commented out. AFAIK squid had a default setting and
this wasn't required. I will try using it anyway though.

> If so, I can give you two suggestions:
>
> 1) When you tried the ncsa_auth program from the command
> line, did you su to the user Squid runs as (ps aux will tell
> you)? If not, try that.

Yeah I tried this and it authenticated fine, or at least it returned OK

> 2) You hinted at this, but didn't explicitly say it - did it
> work using the daytime acl? If not, check to see if a
> firewall on the Squid box (or elsewhere) is blocking access.

The daytime acl worked fine. It was just with the ncsa_auth.

> Adam

Thanks for the help, I think I am going to try upgrading to the latest
version of squid because I have a version 2.5STABLE3 running on another
machine and that works fine using ncsa_auth.

Gareth