[squid-users] How can I allow hosts to access web through squid without restarting?

From: Riaz Uddin <riaz190@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:26:23 +0000

Dear,

I'm using squid as my proxy server in my network and allowing hosts to
access web by setting my proxy server in browser. Without the setting people
aren't allowed to access web. I'm very beginner in using squid. To allow
host to access web I do two steps and steps are:

1. Write lines in squid.conf:
acl usr1 src 172.16.0.5
http_access allow usr1
<has more.....>

2. After writing the above lines, I restart the squid service.

My problem is, when I restart the squid service all other users using the
web are disconnected for few seconds, which may interrupt their downloading.
But whenever I do need to allow a host or disallow a host to access web,
I've to rewrite squid.conf and have to restart the squid service.

In this regard, I want solution so that I can browse through squid proxy
without interruption.
If someone has any solution, please help me out.
One point is, I've to use proxy server in my network.

Bye,,,,
Thanks in advance....
Riaz Uddin