[squid-users] RE: How to Configure an E-Mail Client behind Squid

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:13:39 -0400

> Please guys, someone help me. I've already asked this, but nobody
answered.

When did you ask? I don't recall receiving this message before, and a search
of the archives came up blank.

> Some people in my organization read e-mails form an outside ISP with
> Outlook Express. But when they try to connect they get the following
error:

Had you searched the archives for POP3, you would have learned that Squid
has
nothing to do with POP3, and therefore has nothing to do with your problem.

The only exception would be if your Squid server is set to listen on port
110,
and you are transparently redirecting traffic to it. I doubt this is the
case.

If you have a firewall, make sure it's not blocking port 110 and/or the POP3
server. If that checks out, call your ISP.

Adam

---