[squid-users] Re: Squid EXE Query

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Jul 2003 18:43:26 +0200

tis 2003-07-22 klockan 12.00 skrev E.Subrahmanya Srinivas:
> Dear ALL
>
> We have exe downloads restricted in our Squid proxy,but we face a
> peculiar problem with a URL(s) containing exe in it.
>
> Some users are able to access the site the logs for which are
> below
>
> 1058865784.631 10 192.168.150.39 TCP_DENIED/407 1840 GET
> http://catalog-e.ckd.co.jp/exp/iexp_frmmain.exe?sid=5000425023115917720439010427 - NONE/- text/html

This request was denied by your http_access rules.

Please verify your rules to make sure it does not block things you do
not intend to block, such as access to .exe CGI programs running on the
server. (these are NOT downloaded).

Unfortunately there is no way you can easily determine from the URL
alone if a .exe request is a download, or a call to a CGI program on a
Windows based server (IIS etc).

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before