RE: [squid-users] Perl Scripts

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:22:40 -0400

> Ya its fine that squid is not a web server but yesterday when that
> person asked that question .
> Well Their is a scripts directory in the squid which contains perl
> scripts.

Is Perl a web server? No, Perl is a scripting language that is often
(but not solely) used to write CGI scripts.

CGI scripts are used with web servers to provide capabilities beyond
that of static web pages. However, you can also write CGI scripts in
C, Bash, or any other programming/scripting language.

Saying Squid must be a web server because it comes with Perl scripts
is a bit like saying that because my lawn mower has gasoline in it,
it must be an automobile.

Adam

---