RE: [squid-users] .pac file format specification for daterange() is inconsistent!

From: Shalkebaev,AntonMSCAG <ShalkebaevA@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:55:22 +0900

Hi
Just tested works well :)
dateRange(24, "JUL", 2003)
They just missed it :)
Anton
-----Original Message-----
From: Max Nitribitt [mailto:maxnitribitt@yahoo.de]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 13:34
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] .pac file format specification for daterange() is
inconsistent!

Hi,

I have a question regarding netscapes official
auto-proxy file format specification :
http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

It states, that daterange() can handle those
combinations of arguments:
8<------------------>8
dateRange(day)
dateRange(day1, day2)
dateRange(mon)
dateRange(month1, month2)
dateRange(year)
dateRange(year1, year2)
dateRange(day1, month1, day2, month2)
dateRange(month1, year1, month2, year2)
dateRange(day1, month1, year1, day2, month2, year2)
dateRange(day1, month1, year1, day2, month2, year2,
gmt)
[...]
Even though the above examples don't show, the "GMT"
parameter can be specified in any of the 9 (sic!)
different call profiles, always as the last parameter.

8<------------------>8
In the examples section there is one call that doesn't
match these call profiles:
8<------------------>8
This statement is true on the 24th of December, 1995.
dateRange(24, "DEC", 1995)
Is the call profile collection incomplete, or is this
a fake example? Could anyone please shed some light
into this matter?

kindest regards

Max

P.s.:
Sorry, that I ask a question that is not directly
related to squid. I asked people at Netscape for
assistence, but so far nobody could help me.