Re: [squid-users]ACLS

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:20:48 +0100

On Friday 25 July 2003 10:54 am, adrian.wells wrote:

> Have you tried using ARP? You will need to recompile Squid to do this. It's
> a little less likely that your users will be able to bypass this method of
> using adapter addresses, we find it very effective in a school.
>
> Kind regards
> Adrian

Another way might be to use netfilter / iptables rules on the squid machine
to tie MAC addresses to IP addresses and reject packets which don't have the
right combination...?

Possibly even redirect such packets to a server which says "now put the IP
address back and stop trying to bypass the system" :) ?

Antony.

--
Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe: