[squid-users] 2 Squid's sharing an access.log over nfs

From: <daniel.jarboe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:36:35 -0400

Are there any reasons for 2 squid servers to not share the same
access.log over nfs? We're considering a round-robin dns to balance
squid load over multiple servers. Currently there is no caching of any
kind being done. I'm not sure what kind of write buffering is being
done, if it'd be broken up by \n's, or how nfs might affect that. Has
anyone tried running two squid's sharing the same access.log over nfs?

Thanks,
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.