[squid-users] squid crash on AIX 5L

From: Petko Popadiyski <petko.popadiyski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:48:00 +0300

Hello,
I have 2 CPU POWER 3 ppc machine , running AIX 5.1.
I am trying to run squid on it( i have tried 2.5.STABLE3, 2.5.STABLE1,
2.4-200305122300-src) but with no success. I am building the binary from
the source ( with no extra options , only with --enable-stacktraces) and
it starts the process , but when i try to connect to 3128 port ( i use
telnet ), the squid crashes.
I expected the core with gdb and it tells me :
# gdb /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid core
GNU gdb 5.0-aix51-020209
are
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0"...
warning: exec file is newer than core file.
Core was generated by `squid'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0 0xd04f9c30 in pthread_kill ()
(gdb) where
#0 0xd04f9c30 in pthread_kill ()
#1 0xffffffff in ?? () from (unknown load module)

I think that this is AIX issue , but but could you help me to solve the
problem ?

--
Best wishes,
Petko Popadiyski