[squid-users] acl ident_regex

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:31:37 +0100

Hello again all,

Been having yet another read through the ACL types I can use within squid.
Does ident_regex allow pattern matching on the entire string returned from
an ident lookup? eg if I have an altered version of an identd server running
on a client PC, and this returns (amongst other things) username and client
PC hostname, would it be possible for ident_regex to look for a certain
hostname within the returned ident string?

If not, is it possible to pass the hostname info (or if need be, all the
info) from the ident query to an external ACL type and use this to
allow/disallow access to the cache?

If I can suss out access control via hostname then I will be a very happy
bunny (or other small fluffy animal)!

Regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess