Re: [squid-users] Re: squid stoped suddenly-nothing happening

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:11:33 +0100

On Sunday 27 July 2003 5:38 pm, Sukhjit Singh wrote:

> Dear Rick,
>
> I deleted all the cache dirs and then created new ones, hope so these steps
> can manage what Henrik was telling, you telling me if i did something
> wronge i will do accordingly.

Sukhjit;

I recently wanted to restart mySquid with a clean cache.

This is what I did:

1. Stop squid
2. echo "" >/usr/local/squid/var/cache/swap.state
3. Restart squid

I didn't have to remove or recreate any of the cache directories themselves -
squid did that for me when it found the swap.state with only a single byte in
it.

Try that and see if it does what you need.

Antony.

--
Windows: just another pane in the glass.