Re[2]: [squid-users] slow DNS resolving

From: Zycha <zycha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:49:05 +0300

Hello Adam,

Monday, July 28, 2003, 3:12:48 PM, you wrote:

> I would recommend re-compiling Squid to use the internal DNS,
> rather than dnssserver - that is the recommended setup now,
> unless you have a good reason to continue using dnsserver.

So, I recompiled Squid with --disable-internal-dns option. Now resolving works faster but not enought. With internal dnsserver resolving process took ~5..20s and after- up to 5s.
Regarding this, slow resolving is not DNS server problem. Some time ago Squid works fine, I think, it became slower after update to the newer some version. What version- I don't know.
And finally, I've installed BIND caching-only on the same server and now requesting works fast as possible.

--
Best regards,
 Zycha  mailto:zycha@mail.lt