RE: [squid-users] Maximum connections per host in a subnet

From: Kamal Shams <kamal_beik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:07:21 +0300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Is it possible to define a subnet for the "maxconn" configuration tag
>in which every host in the subnet would be limited to the specified
>maximum connections
>
> Yes. Done via http_access, having one http_access rule per
> subnet/class of users, linking the user to their maxconn setting.

As I mentioned before in my email, I tried the following configuration:

acl <acl limit name> maxconn <maximum number of connections>
http_access deny <acl limit name> <acl name>

Eg:
acl blum src 192.168.3.0/24
acl 10Max maxconn 10
http_access deny 10Max blum

But this didn't help since all the subnet now had a limit of 10
connections as opposed to every host in the subnet having a limit of 10
connections. I don't want to specify explicitly every host to have 10
connections since this means specifying 254 hosts:
Eg:
acl host1 src 192.168.3.1
acl host2 src 192.168.3.2
:
:
etc...

I am just asking if there is a way of specifying a subnet in which every
host would have a maximum of 10 connections.

Thank you