Re: [squid-users] Image Caching

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:49:18 +0100

>I use a squid version 2.4.
>I got a simple problem, i guess.
>How i can set the squid, to never never store any image
>in your cache, CUZ here we got a lot of web developers
>and designers. We are got so much problems with
>squid. The squid store all images, and when a designer
>change this images, him cant see the new image, cuz
>the squid store the old image.
>Thanks

I'm guessing that if the designers click the 'Refresh' button on their
browser then Squid will load the new image into it's cache and display it
correctly?

I'd suggest a few things to try:

Find out which URL's the images come from and tell squid to go direct for
these URL's then it won't cache them, or you could also tell your browsers
to bypass squid for certain URL's and this will have the same affect. Where
do the images come from? Are they local images (ie on the LAN) or are they
coming externally from the web? If they're local then you really need to
tell your browsers not to go through squid for local addresses (IP's, URL's
etc etc) since this is giving squid work to do that it shouldn't be doing.

hth

Regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess