[squid-users] Any guidelines on writing external_acl_type s?

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:48:05 +0100

Hi all,

I've had a good search through google and found nothing. Are there any
limits or things that can't be done with this type of ACL? Eg can the
helper class query a DB, can it be written in any language? Can it be a
simple perl script?

I'm kinda thinking of something like the following:

cache_peer cache1.foo.net parent 3128 3139
cache_peer cache2.foo.net parent 3128 3139
cache_peer cache3.foo.net parent 3128 3139
cache_peer cache4.foo.net parent 3128 3139

external_acl_type check1 etc (checks if access allowed to cache1)
external_acl_type check2 etc (checks if access allowed to cache2)
external_acl_type check3 etc (checks if access allowed to cache3)
external_acl_type check4 etc (checks if access allowed to cache4)

cache_peer_access cache1.foo.net allow check1
cache_peer_access cache2.foo.net allow check2
cache_peer_access cache3.foo.net allow check3
cache_peer_access cache4.foo.net allow check4

I know the syntax likely isn't 100% but hopefully people may get the idea of
what I'm trying to do. I'm aiming to have a modifed identd server on client
machines which returns 'username:hostname' as a single string. I want to
pass this to an external_acl_type which checks if 1) the host has access and
if so 2) does the username have access to this cache peer? I'm aiming to
have a different filter level on each peer cache. I hope this would give me
hostname based access control and within that different filter levels per
user....

Thanks for any response,

Regards,

nry