Re: [squid-users] FAQ/Most common ACL's

From: Wei Ming Long <WEI_Ming_Long@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:05:58 +0800

Hi Tony,
This is a great idea! Thanks so much for making the effort. :>

Cheers
Matthew

>>> "Tony Melia (DMS)" <Tony.Melia@downsmicro.com.au> 07/30/03 08:46AM >>>
I am looking at putting together either a FAQ or snippets of config files to
achieve some of the most commonly asked questions on Squid configuration,
particularly ACL's (at least info not already covered in current
doc's/default config file).

Can I ask people if they have weird or wonderful snippets of code that they
may want to contribute, that they send it to me (just snippets, not entire
config).

Examples are;
How do I block MSN Messenger
How do I block MSN Messenger and allow use only at lunchtime/afterhours
How do I limit [list of] web sites to 10K/sec speed so out bandwidth is not
saturated
How do I configure Windows 2000 group restrictions
How do I do.....

Any other config that you think is worth adding that you found useful, but
not easy to set up.

Alternatively, if you know of a list like this already compiled, let me
know.

Regards,
TM

Downs MicroSystems Pty Ltd
145 Margaret Street
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Ph. (07) 4639 3344 Fax (07) 4639 3820

Important Disclaimer and Warning

Downs MicroSystems does not represent or warrant that any attached files are
free from computer viruses or other defects. The attached files are
provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequences resulting directly or
indirectly from use of the attached files. The liability of Downs
MicroSystems in any event is limited to either the resupply of the attached
files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied.

NOTE: The views expressed by the individual in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of the organisation.

Downs MicroSystems is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals,
and is bound by the principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988).
Should you wish to view our Privacy Policy, please visit
www.downsmicro.com.au.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return