Re: [squid-users] OWA and squid

From: Jonathan Giles <jong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:21:39 -0400

I am sorry I wasn't clear in my last post.

I am using Squid in httpd_accel_host mode to act as a buffer for the
OWA server, not as a proxy for the web client through Squid to the
internet. We are doing this for security reasons, as we do not want
clients from the internet to contact OWA directly.

The redirect looks like this in the html code.

BASE href="http://exchange.server.com:8080/exchange/jong/

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 10:43 AM, Marc Elsen wrote:

> It depends on what you mean by this redirection.
> Normally , proxy aware/configured browsers should always 'find' or
> use
> the proxy.
>
> Do you have examples, as to the redirection executed or enforced
> by OWA towards the user (browser) ?
>
> M.
---=---=---
Jonathan Giles
Senior Unix Administrator
Cline Davis Mann

---
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case,
you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender
by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet e-mail of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of CDM shall
be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.