Re: [squid-users] executing command with requested url as an parameter

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:13:58 +0200

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 23.59, Bob Arctor wrote:
> hello.
> is it possible to configure squid to execute shell command with
> requested URL as an parameter, and give output to the client?

Yes and no.

You can set up Squid to forward the request to a CGI program running
on a web server of yours. This is done via a redirector helper
rewriting the URL making it to be forwarded to your CGI script
instead of the original requested URL.

The URL the request is forwarded to does not need to be a CGI script.
It can also be a static page, or any other type of web contents.
Squid does not really care how the selected web server generates the
content.