Re: Squid Cached Object Statistics Report

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:03:05 +0200

On Thursday 31 July 2003 10.34, atit jariwala wrote:
> Hello Squid Developers & Users
> I want to generate Graph showing Distribution of various sized
> cached objects
> U can see the link:
> http://www.isp-planet.com/img/cflow-contents-distrib.gif [This is
> the graph of Cache Flow] I want simillar kind of things for squid.
> Squid has to provide Data only. Obviously Its visual appearance is
> not its talk
> What data structures I should refer to achieve it?

You should be able to generate such graph relatively easily by reading
swap.state shortly after log rotation. The structure of swap.state is
an array of storeSwapLogData.

It is also possible to generate the size distribution at any time, but
then you need to pay attention to the type of records in swap.state
as it then contains a transaction log showing both objects and
removals from the cache.