[squid-users] Squid and LDAP (AD) Authentication

From: FWAdmin <FWAdmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:33:41 -0300

Hey all. I am trying to replace some current MS proxies with Squid proxies,
and so far it's been going ok. I got the squid_ldap_auth working and
authenticating with AD properly. However I still have to enter a user name
and password when I open a browser window. With MS proxy, it used my login
credentials for the domain to allow access to the proxy server, so if I was
logged in to the domain I didn't have to authenticate to the proxy.

Is there a way to do this with Squid? I don't want users prompted to login
to the proxy every time they use their browser, as they are already prompted
for domain authentication.

Thanks in advance.

                -Jason

Jason Thompson
Security Analyst
Networks and Communications
xwave

-------------------------
This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended
only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission, distribution,
dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the original and
any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof, immediately. Your
co-operation is appreciated.

Le present courriel (y compris toute piece jointe) s'adresse uniquement a
son destinataire, qu'il soit une personne ou un organisme, et pourrait
comporter des renseignements privilegies ou confidentiels. Si vous n'etes
pas le destinataire du courriel, il est interdit d'utiliser, de revoir, de
retransmettre, de distribuer, de disseminer, de copier ou d'imprimer ce
courriel, d'agir en vous y fiant ou de vous en servir de toute autre facon.
Si vous avez recu le present courriel par erreur, priere de communiquer avec
l'expediteur et d'eliminer l'original du courriel, ainsi que toute copie
electronique ou imprimee de celui-ci, immediatement. Nous sommes
reconnaissants de votre collaboration.