Re: [squid-users] Squid crashing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:42:13 +0200

On Thursday 31 July 2003 15.19, daniel.jarboe@custserv.com wrote:

> Jul 28 12:46:31 linprox kernel: User process fault: interruption
> code 0x10
> Jul 28 12:46:31 linprox kernel: failing address: 1010000
> Jul 28 12:46:31 linprox kernel: CPU: 0
> Jul 28 12:46:31 linprox kernel: Process squid (pid: 998,
> stackpage=04FB3000)
> Jul 28 12:46:31 linprox kernel:

This looks like a kernel issue, unless your kernel is modified to log
user space crashes. Have not seen this kind of messages before.

> Also, is the core written with uid/gid of user (squid?) or root? I
> assume squid.

The core is written as the user Squid is running as, but only if you
started Squid as this user in the first place (Linux kernel security
restriction), and not if you are using aufs (Linux kernel
limitation).