Re: [squid-users] Squid Activity/Usage and Reporting Tools

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:03:36 +0100

On Thursday 31 July 2003 6:36 pm, Jim_Brouse/PYT@PASCUAYAQUITRIBE.ORG wrote:

> What is the best way to determine how busy squid is, for example if there
> is an Internet slow down. Some way to determine if the squid box is busy,

Look at system load / CPU load?

> if the squid box can not get out to the Internet, or just a particulary
> slow web page?

Look at your external link traffic (eg with something like iptraf) - if the
link is saturated, then it's the link which is the bottleneck. If the link
isn't saturated, then any delay is caused by the remote server.

> Also if I have a squid access.log and I want to determine all users IP
> addresses that are accessing www.somesite.com what is the best way to pull
> out that information.

grep?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.
 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer