Re: [squid-users] has this changed?

From: Raymond Norton <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:17:46 -0500

> There is more "auth_param basic" parameters you need to set. See
> squid.conf.default.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Using squid-2.5.STABLE1-2

After reading squid.conf.default I have added the following to my squid.conf
file in hopes of getting proxy_auth to work:

auth_param basic program /usr/etc/passwd

auth_param basic children 5

auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server

auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

when starting squid I get the following error:

root@localhost squid]# service squid start

init_cache_dir /var/log/cache... /etc/init.d/squid: line 162: 13172 Aborted
$SQUID -z -F -D 2>/dev/null

Starting squid:

I haave set this up on older versions of squid without hardly any trouble,
but I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any help would be very much
appreciated.