AW: [squid-users] FAQ/Most common ACL's

From: <Werner.Rost@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:54:40 +0200

A great idea!
You could search the archive of the squid mailing list. Here you will find a
lot of qestions from users - and of course a lot of excellent answers from
Henrik.

Here are some examples:

I want that certain users could acces certain sites.
I also want that some users access all sites.

acl all src ...................
acl full src ...................
acl user1 src ..................
acl site1 dstdomain .squid-cache.org

http_access allow user1 site1
http_access allow all !user1
http_access deny all

I'm need define some groups for users, permited or deny access to some sites
with acls based on group properties, using a proxy_auth directive ncsa_auth
(or similar).....

Example:

In group personal responsible for car´s in my company restrict access the
sites: www.yahoo.com, www.altavista.com....etc and group personal
responsible for financial restrict access the sites: www.financial.com.br,
www.test.com, www.fapesp.br....etc

acl car proxy_auth "/path/to/file/with/car/personell"
acl car_sites dstdomain "/path/to/file/with/car/sites"

acl financial proxy_auth "/path/to/file/with/financial/personell"
acl financial_sites dstdomain "/path/to/file/with/financial/sites"

http_access allow car car_sites
http_access allow financial financial_sites

http_access deny car
http_access deny financial

I dont want particular users access urls ending with .zip, .exe, mpg etc.
i.e I dont want a particular users (e.g 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.20) to
download those files yet I want to be able to go to other sites.

acl local_users src 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

acl restricted_files urlpath_regex \.zip$ \.exe$ \.mpg$
acl restricted_users src 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.20/255.255.255.255

http_access deny restricted_users restricted_files
http_access allow local_users

I am trying to setup acl's for squid so that before 8:00 and after 16:00 and
at 13:00 to 13:30 can surf anywhere. But from 8:00 -> 16:00 excluding 13:00
to 13:30 they cannot go to bigbrothersa.com.

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl bbsadom dstdomain_regex -i .*bigbrothersa\.com
acl nobbsa time SMTWTFA 08:00-13:00
acl nobbsa time SMTWTFA 13:30-16:00

http_access deny bbsadom nobbsa
http_access allow all

I have a so could "writers block" (squid acl) (I hope I am clear... sorry
for the bad descreption)

I want my intranet users to be free to access the acl unblockedsites, (this
works)
but the "internet users" need to authenticate. (This is the tricky bit)

The internet users may ONLY access the "unblockedsites" with authentication,
and the rproxy list WITHOUT authentication.

# Allow everybody to access the domains in rproxy.txt
acl rproxy dstdomain "/etc/squid/rproxy.txt"
http_access allow rproxy

# Some ACL groups for users and destinations
acl intra-networks src 192.168.0.0/16 150.50.0.0/16 10.30.0.0/16
10.50.0.0/16 194.134.69.64/26 172.16.4.32/28 acl unblockedsites url_regex
"/etc/squid/unblock.txt" acl secure_id proxy_auth REQUIRED

# Allow intranet to access unblockedsites freely
http_access allow unblockedsites intra-networks

# Allow everyone to access unblockedsites if they log in http_access allow
unblockedsites secure_id

# Allow intranet to access anything if they log in
http_access allow intra-networks secure_id

# Deny everything else
http_acecss deny all

Is it possible to use proxy_auth for FTP access? I have created an acl for
this, but it is not working:

acl ftpaccess proto FTP proxy_auth REQUIRED

You would need to combine two ACL's.. The above matches the protocols "FTP",
"proxy_auth" and "REQUIRED. Probably not what you have intended..

acl FTP proto FTP
acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow FTP auth

I'd like to configure squid-2.4 to deny requests with private IP addresses
in the URL and respond with a customized error message. How could such an
acl look like?

acl private_ip dst 192.168.0.0/16 ....
http_access deny private_ip
deny_info ERR_PRIVATE_IP private_ip

And put your custom error message in errors/ERR_PRIVATE_IP

> > acl CANTEEN src 10.1.2.3 10.1.2.4
> > acl OPEN1 time SMTWHFA 08:00-10:00
> > acl OPEN2 time SMTWHFA 11:00-13:00
> > acl OPEN3 time SMTWHFA 18:00-20-00