[squid-users] SQUID Customized Authentication Programme

From: Ritesh agrawal <ritesh_embedded@dont-contact.us>
Date: 1 Aug 2003 08:00:07 -0000

Hi All ,

   I want your support for configuring squid redirection .
  I have specific problem in squid authentication through
redirection.

there are many default program for squid authentication like NCSA
, PAM etc etc.

but i want to use customized authentication program through web
page instead of traditional programs.

I have developed web page for user authentication .
whenever any user open the Internet browser and type the URL in
address box , this request would be transfered to my local web
page through squid redirector facility with original URL as
parameter.
My local web page authenticate user by asking user name and
password . If authentication successful , then original URL will
be restored and open the requested website in the browser
otherwise shows 'Authentication Failed' message.
it is just concepts, i don't know how can it be implemented ,

e.g my redirect program redirect.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
while (<>) {
    s@http://www.*.com@http://192.168.1.100/bpc/@;
    s@http://*.com@http://192.168.1.100/bpc/@;
   print;
}

squid.conf
redirect_program /usr/local/squid/etc/redirect.pl

so please suggest me about this project , If you know another
method then inform me ASAP.
Thanks in advance

Ritesh Agrawal

Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now:
http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl