[squid-users] Basic auth with https reverse proxy

From: <laurent.derrien@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:12:48 +1100

Hello,

I am using SQUID 2.5.STABLE3 in accel mode. My purpose is to secure access
to a web server (single site).
Everything is okay with https_port. My connection to the proxy is secured
by SSL and I get access to the web server.
Now, I want to use proxy_auth with basic NCSA authentication but it fails.
It lookes like this functionality is disabled in 2.5.STABLE3.
I've found the value AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION which is not defined in acl.c
source and that leads to an error message.
I've tried to set it and so I get the authentication window but the helper
processes stop when authenticating.

So do you know a way to get basic authentication in https accel mode ?

Regards,
Laurent Derrien