Re: [squid-users] wb_group

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:58:12 +1000 (EST)

Henrik Nordstrom said:
> On Monday 04 August 2003 05.20, Simon Bryan wrote:
>
>> Yes it works from the command line OK with that syntax. Does Squid
>> do that automatically? If not how do you configure the acl? I have
>> the following at the moment:
>>
>> acl winauth external wb_group wwwusers
>> acl banned external wb_group banned
>> acl staff external wb_group Teachers
>> acl students external wb_group Students
>
> Looks fine, assuming the external_acl_type directive is correct and
> these groups are in the domain Samba has joined to.

I have this as my external_acl_directive:

external_acl_type wb_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group -d

although I can't find where I looke it up to get the syntax, so am having trouble
checking it. There are no trusted domains (that need to use the proxy anyway) and
all users are in the one domain.

Hmm, just noticed the -d in that line, don't know whether that has just slipped in
while testing or not. I can't use the proxy from home so will check that out in the
morning. Can you pass paramaters like that? eg could I use -c ?

Cheers
Simon Bryan
IT Manager
OLMC Parramatta