[squid-users] Sudden improvement in performance

From: ads squid <adssquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:56:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Last 10 days I was using squid as cache server. I was
getting complaints from users about very low speed in
last 3-4 days.
Could not use ACL's correctly therefore I stopped
squid and canceled redirection of port 80 to port
3128. Surprisingly there is sudden improvement in
access speed. All other parameters remains same. There
is no change in Bandwidth from ISP.
I was using IDE hard disc. It it because IDE can not
handle requests from squid properly. In that case is
it compalsory for me to change hard disc from IDE to
scsi?

ACL issue is not solved till now.

Thanks