[squid-users] Compiling Squid against Sun's OpenSSL 0.96b for Hardware Crypto Accelerator Support

From: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:56:28 +1000

Hi folx

I'm trying to get Squid compiled so that it will make use of Sun's
Crypto 500 daughter board. (The Crypto 500 appears to have a similar
Broadcomm chip on it to their Crypto 1000 and Crypto 4000 cards).

The Sun card ships with a CD containing, among other things, a
modified version of OpenSSL 0.96b and a manual which states that you
can compile against it if you do the following:

a) Your application must be configured to include OpenSSL headers from
/opt/SUNWconn/crypto/include, such as with the compiler flag:
        -I /opt/SUNWconn/crypto/include

b) Additionally, the linker must be directed to include references to
the appropriate libraries. Most OpenSSL-compatible applications will
reference either or both of the libcrypto.a and libssl.a libraries.
The Sun cryptographic libraries must be included as well. The
following linker flags will accomplish this:
        -L/opt/SUNWconn/crypto/lib -R/opt/SUNWconn/crypto/lib \
        -lcrypto -lssl -lcryptography -lnvpair

So, I've given Squid 2.5-STABLE3 the following configure flags:

# ./configure --prefix=/opt/squid --enable-useragent-log
--enable-referer-log --enable-ssl --with-openssl=/opt/SUNWconn/crypto

But I can't figure out how to specify the rest of those "linker
flags". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I assume I need
to edit the Makefile but I'm lost.

The following versions are relevant:

Solaris 8
GCC - SMCgcc version 3.3
GNU make - installed SMCmake version 3.80
GNU binutils - installed SMCbinut version 2.11.2
squid-2.5.STABLE3

Hardware: Sun V210 with Sun Crypto 500 daugher board

Thanks very much

Jesse

--
    Jesse Reynolds - j.reynolds@unsw.edu.au
    Division of Information Services, University of New South Wales