RE: [squid-users] How may I block MSN Messenger...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 14:39:40 +0200

ons 2003-08-06 klockan 10.32 skrev Boniforti Flavio:
> > These are allowed.
> >
> > Which rules dud you have which you think should have blocked this?
>

> acl msn_no_block src 10.167.211.11/255.255.255.255
> acl msn_server req_mime_type ^application/x-msn-messenger

Are you sure the clients send requests with this content type?
access.log only shows the content type of the replies, not requests. To
see the content type of requests you need to enable log_mime_hdrs and
extract the Content-Type from the first block of headers [] (Note: the
second block [] contains the reply headers).

For what it is worth the log you sent only contained the IP which should
be allowed and these were correctly allowed..

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before