Re: [squid-users] Top user's download speed show by real-time monitoring

From: David Wilson <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 16:46:07 +0200

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your response.
I currently use SARG for log file analysis, I'll configure it for each
user.

Do you think it would be possible to configure SNMP and MRTG to do the
real-time stats for each user ?
Does Squid's SNMP have a separate OID for each ACL (user) ?

--
Many thanks and kind regards,
David Wilson

attached mail follows:

ons 2003-08-06 klockan 12.51 skrev David Wilson:

> A friend of mine who's running Squid with smb_auth, has requested a
> feature to be able to view, in real-time, the top bandwidth user at any
> given time and his or her download speed.

This one is a little tricky. Squid does not keep a good picture of this.
> Also this person wishes to generate per-user statistics that is emailed
> off to each user at the end of the month, to show each user his or her
> total bytes downloaded, web browsing time, sites visited etc.

Just select a log processing tool of choice and set it up to generate
one report per user. For some tools you may need to first split the log
file per user, but you should get the idea I think.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before