Re: [squid-users] logfileWrite: c:/squid/log/store.log: (13) Permission denied after storeDirWriteCleanLogs (Squid 2.5 on Windows 2000)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:55:49 +0200

On Thursday 07 August 2003 13.54, Wagner Markus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> every time when squid starts storeDirWriteCleanLogs it can't write
> into the access.log file anymore.
>
> Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE1-CVS): Terminated abnormally.

Upgrading to a more recent version of SquidNT may be a good idea. You
are running a quite old version. It may well be the case that this
error in the NT port is solved already in the current version.

If you compile Squid yourself, make sure to use the cygwin or nt
branch of Squid as these fixes many issues (and adds some new nice
features for the NT platform).

> 2003/08/06 23:55:02| Closing Pinger socket on FD 7
> 2003/08/06 23:55:05| Pinger exiting.
>
> Somehow the error only seems to occur when there is a pinger
> process when squid starts storeDirWriteCleanLogs.

All helpers are restarted when the logs are rotated. This is normal.