[squid-users] squid: ERROR: no running copy

From: Colin <c.richardson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:16:50 +0200

Hi,

I had Squid running perfectly as a reverse proxy but wanted to enable
the useragent log option. I reconfigured and reinstalled, now squid will
start but wont work. I can run it as many times as I want, creating more
and more squid processes. When I want to reconfigure with the -k option
I get this error: "squid: ERROR: no running copy". I get the same error
when using the -k shutdown option. I am running it on Red Hat.
Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Colin