Re: [squid-users] Parent-to-child compressed transfer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:24:37 +0200

On Friday 08 August 2003 17.29, Dave Serls wrote:

> Is there a patch to 2.5.x or code on the horizon to stipulate
> compressed cache-to-cache transfers of parent hits?

Not for squid-2.5.

There is plans on adding Transfer-Encoding support in a later Squid
version, maybe Squid-3.1 but the exact timeplan depends on if anyone
sponsors the development of the feature and sparetime available to
the developers working on transfer encoding support. It is very
likely Transfer-Encoding support will include gzip compression once
added.

> Since I'm clueless on the actual mechanics, this may be a silly
> request, although it seems useful between an ISP and small LAN over
> a phone line.

Indeed.