Re: [squid-users] squid + axel - netiquete idea

From: Bob Arctor <curious@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:12:12 +0200

unfortunatelly not everywhere in the world ISP's support it :(
and second - imagine scenario where you're connected via your mobile phone,
which does roaming, and keeps you online , and also using 802.11x
infrastructure (if it is available)

i know IP layer load balancing is much more effective, and i don't claim http
load balancing will outperform it. is just handy sometimes.
i.e. right now i have two modem lines, both @ different ISP's.
both ISP's run their services without any mainteance, so forget about i.e.
bonding them. you call to ISP , and you get automatic reply, or someone who
don't know computers at all. second thing is that each connection is located
in different place.
when using simple download accelerator and 2 to three connections i get twice
speed without incresed overhead, and any problems.
if one line fails, download is continued over second line.

i will have access to at least four such connections.