RE: [squid-users] User Authentication using NCSA module.

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:58:02 -0400

> FATAL: authparam basic program
> /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth: (2) No such file or
> directory

> I tried to search file "ncsa_auth" for path but could
> not find in any directory .

Try from the command line:

rpm -ql squid-ncsa_auth

This should show you where it put the ncsa_auth program.
Make sure your squid.conf is set to look there.

Also, while we're setting up, make sure the password file
you created uses crypt encryption, and not md5, and that
the password file is readable by the user Squid runs as.

Adam