[squid-users] ldap

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:06:21 +0100

to all,

I have got ldap authentication working on solaris 5.7. System requirements pushed me to a bigger box. In the new installation, I am still using the same squid-2.5.STABLE1-20031212, but I am using openldap2.1.22 with disabled slapd which is the only thing that have changed.

in the old installation of squid I query AD server for users as follows:

-f (&(sAMAccountName=%s)(objectClass=user))

and for the group filter i have:

-f (&(cn=%g)(member=%u)(objectClass=group)) -F (&(sAMAccountName=%s)(objectClass=user))

This works fine on the old installation. All object are there in the AD and all acl lines are there as well (I copied the complete squid.conf file). And yet when executed from a command line the user filter works ok, however the group filter sends this message:

squid_ldap_group WARNING, LDAP search error 'No such object'

Would a different version of openldap or possibly disabled-slapd affected something in the mechanism.

tomas

http://www.star.net.uk