Re: [squid-users] How to cycle thru a pool of IPs for outgoing traffic?

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:34:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Schelstraete Bart wrote:

> Andre Tomás wrote:
>
> >I have Squid running on a machine that has a class C network bound to
> >it. I'd like Squid to randomly cycle thru the whole range of IPs for
> >outgoing traffic. I found how to route traffic based on ACL but that's
> >not exactly what I need. I simply need to randomly select an address
> >out of a pool and use it for a particular session. Someone please guide
> >me to the proper doc.

knowing why you want to do this would go along way towards understanding
what you're trying to do... I suspect that it won't be squid where you do
this but rather in your routing table. you may also need to run a igp...

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu