[squid-users] TCP_DENIED/407 problems

From: Evan Pierce <epierce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:43:00 +0200

Hi all

I have a squid 2.5stable5 box configured with basic NCSA authnetication for all users (its a little test box) however as of yesterday (and a reboot) I am getting TCP_DENIED/407 messages. The squid.conf file hasnt changed and contains the following relevant lines

http_port 80
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/proxypass
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow all password

Now this doesnt seem to work and I am not sure why any more. I have checked and run

/usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/proxypass as both root and user nobody and was able both times to get a correct OK response to a username password combination.

So what am I doing wrong? Why am I getting these messages? And my users cannot browse? The log file has a line as follows in it 1060777250 53610 192.168.0.1 TCP_DENIED/407 1740 GET http://www.is.co.za

Evan

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be subject
to legal privilege. The content of this email, which may include one or more
attachments, is strictly confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the
named recipient/s.

If you are not the intended recipient, you cannot use, copy, distribute, disclose
or retain the email or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to
this message and to permanently delete it and all attachments from your computer.

All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present
in this email and the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this email or attachments.