Re: [squid-users] deny files

From: Fernando Maior <fernando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

Also,

If the file is suffixed as .EXE instead of
.exe, it will not be enough. So it should
be better to use -i, like this:

acl hello urlpath_regex -i .\exe$
http_access DENY hello

As told by Henrik, it is pretty critical
the place where you put your rules. You
see, Squid rule processing is sequential,
from top to bottom. So you may be better
putting that http_access rule before
rules that ALLOW things. I usually put
my rules at a place in the squid.conf file
where you can read

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

--
Bye,
Fernando Maciel Souto Maior