Re: [squid-users] Using ident or proxy_auth with cache_peer_access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:49:40 +0200

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 19.58, Christopher Weimann wrote:

> Perhaps this relates to my problem. I am trying to use ident to
> get the username. Then use that username to pick up a group from
> an external helper that pulls the info out of pgsql. I'm trying
> to use that group info for cache peer access.

That won't work either.. ident information is simply not available
during cache_peer_access. Partly due to the same reasons ntlm auth
does not work. Both requires knowledge about the client connection,
which cache_peer_access does not have access to inside Squid as the
request has already been forwarded by Squid.