Re: [squid-users] Kazaa - ICQ - FTP through Squid 2.4 STABLE 7

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:15:00 +0100

>I'm running squid 2.4 STABLE 7 in my main server (LINUX RH 8.0) and I can't
>connect to ICQ, Kazaa, Morpheus, and AudioGalaxy.
>
>Can i use FTP through Squid? How?
>
>Can anyone guide me throw this?!
>

>I must connect to them!

Squid wouldn't affect the working of these programs and can't since Squid is
a http proxy, not a proxy for other protocols such as ftp, pop3 and smtp.
If the software worked before Squid and you haven't touched the
configuration of these programs since, then there's no reason for them not
to work now. If you have configured these programs to somehow use squid
then you need to reset the configuration to what you had before. As far as
I'm aware (and I have played with this at home a fair bit) the only thing
that would stop your programs from working would be firewall related.

In short words, what you want is not possible with Squid. Squid can only
cache and handle http requests.

Regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger